All hair is measured to the stretch. Carefully keep in mind that you will need to accommodate for its curl pattern when selecting your desired length. For example: If you were looking to add standard 18" curly extensions, please move up to 20" bundles for looser wave textures, and 22" for tighter curl patterns.
The Curly and Kinky Curly textures will require more care and maintenance.
Curls full of luster and shine may not come easy, but will be one of the best textures you will ever wear.
Three reasons to love our Curly/Kinky Curly textures:
- More products on your Curly and Kinky Curly textured hair can be comfortably used than other textures without appearing weighed down.
- Full of body and flexible enough to blend with most natural hair textures.
- Soft, full curls that will always bounce back once wet.
Wet your hair daily and comb hair with a wide-tooth comb or finger detangle while damp. Use a spray bottle to mist your hair with water and apply creamy moisturizer to help avoid drying out your curls.
Style as desired using a wide-tooth comb and let curl pattern dry. After wave pattern has set, you can finger-comb your hair gently to add volume or brush to add afro-like volume.
- Co-washing with a moisture-rich conditioner is strongly recommended.
- Carefully detangle the hair from ends to roots before washing.
- If there is product build up or your scheduled wash is up; wash hair with lukewarm water, a mild sulfate/alcohol free shampoo followed with a moisturizing creamy conditioner.
- Leave creamy conditioner in for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinsing in cold water will help preserve luster and shine.
- Use a wide tooth comb and gently comb from the ends of the hair up to the wefts while the hair is still wet.
- Stay away from combing or brushing dry curly or wavy hair to avoid matting. Lightly finger detangle if needed (clean hands).
- Allowing your hair to air dry will extend the longevity of your investments. If you choose to blow dry, keep a safe distance from hair and cold shot your hair before turning off the blow dryer
- When/if you do use heat tools, be sure to use a high quality heat protectant.
- When curling or flat ironing virgin hair ensure that you or your stylist only uses ceramic heating tools.
- Excessive heat on virgin hair will cause dryness, heat damage, or breakage.
- Consider enlisting the help of a professional colourist for bleaching or dyeing the hair
- To maintain your hair while sleeping it is highly recommended that you wrap it for straight styles at night and place a satin bonnet to cover it. For curly and wavy hair, loosely twist or braid the hair and apply a satin bonnet to cover it.
- Keep oily products far away from your wefts.